My name is Dr. Sherritta Hughes and I’m a licensed mental health counselor and approved clinical supervisor. In addition, I am a counselor educator, member of the American Counseling Association, and Assistant Professor at a university in New Jersey.
Past and Current Leadership Roles:
- Founder of Hughes Integrative Wellness, Inc. a non-profit mental health and wellness program located in NJ: offering affordable, quality, and holistic counseling services (Est. 2020)
- Past-President of the Maryland Association for Multicultural Counseling and Development (MAMCD)
- 2021 Immediate Past-President for the New Jersey Counseling Association (NJCA).
- 2021 President-Elect of NARACES
- 2019/2020 Historian for the North Atlantic Region for Counselor Educators and Supervisors (NARACES).
Theoretical Orientation and Perspectives for Practice:
As a theoretical counseling orientation, wellness counseling with focus on social and cultural development across the lifespan are my practice areas as an educator, supervisor, and in therapy with clients. Additionally, I am passionate about solution-focused leadership and open to discussion and discourse on topics that pertain to social justice, marginalization, and oppression.
- Morgan State University, Baltimore, MD — B.S. degree in Psychology
- Alabama Agricultural & Mechanical University (AAMU), Huntsville, AL — M.S. degree in Clinical Psychology
- The Chicago School of Professional Psychology, Washington, D.C. (Campus) — Ph.D. in Counselor Education & Supervision (CES)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) — Counselor Education and Supervision
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) — Clinical mental health counselor
- Approved Clinical Supervisor (ACS) — Clinical mental health supervisor and educator for counselors-in-training and continuing education for mental health providers (e.g., LPC)
Professional Association Membership:
- New Jersey Counseling Association (NJCA)
- Maryland Counseling Association (MCA)
- American Counseling Association (ACA)
- American Counselor Education and Supervision (ACES)
- North Atlantic Region (NARACES)
- National Employment Counseling Association (NECA)